Ceviche is a popular Latin American seafood appetizer. It is usually made with chunks of firm white fish, shrimp, scallops, or a combination of those. The lime juice (traditionally from small key limes) cooks the raw seafood making it safe to eat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. raw tiny bay scallops
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 small green chili, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro
- Rinse scallops in cold water and pat dry in a paper towel.
- Mix all ingredients except cilantro in a nonreactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no more than 3 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.