Scallop and Pepper Stir-Fry
For a stir-fry, make sure that you have all of the ingredients prepared before you start cooking since the cooking time is so short.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cold cooked white rice
- 3 Tbsp. apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, combine scallops with cornstarch, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add scallop mixture and bell peppers; stir-fry until scallops are just cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add rice, then sprinkle with apple juice and lemon juice. Stir-fry until rice is heated through, about 2 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.