Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and Prosciutto
This is the ideal comfort food. It’s filling and tasty and is an excellent brunch or supper dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated fontina cheese
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 6 large Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 leeks, thinly sliced crosswise, white parts only
- 1 lb. prosciutto, diced
- 3 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" × 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cheeses, corn flour, salt, and pepper.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the baking dish, then one of leeks, and dab with bits of prosciutto. Sprinkle with the mixture of cheeses, corn flour, and spices. Repeat until you get to the top of the baking dish. Add the milk, sprinkle with cheese mixture, and dot with butter.
- Bake for about 90 minutes. The top should be brown and crispy, the inside soft and creamy.