Check out www.thespicehouse.com to find specialty spices that will excite your taste buds with new tastes and aromas.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ lbs. diver sea scallops, abductor muscle removed
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- ¼ cup low-fat coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the curry powder, garam masala, garlic, and olive oil in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the scallops and toss to coat.
- Heat a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and sear until almost cooked through, about 2½ to 3 minutes, turning and tossing throughout. Whisk in the ketchup, coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook until the sauce is reduced and the scallops are opaque in the center and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve hot; garnishing with cilantro leaves.