Scallops on Skewers with Lemon
Silky, sweet scallops are well pared with salty, crunchy bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. chili sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- Prepare and preheat grill.
- In medium bowl, combine lemon juice, zest, sesame oil, chili sauce, and cayenne pepper and mix well. Add scallops and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Start each skewer with a piece of onion. Then skewer through one end of the bacon, and then add a scallop. Curve the bacon around the scallop and thread onto the skewer so it surrounds the scallop halfway. Repeat with 3 to 4 more scallops and the bacon slice. Secure the end of each skewer with another piece of onion.
- Repeat with remaining scallops, bacon and onions. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked and opaque. Serve immediately.