Scandinavian Chocolate Waffles
Make waffles even more decadent by using Dutch-process cocoa powder.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tsp. powdered sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. Dutch-process cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, cream milk, eggs, melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir into liquid ingredients in ½-cup increments, beating well with each addition. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grease and heat waffle iron. Working in batches, scoop batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden.
- Serve with fruit and your favorite topping.