Scandinavian Cucumber Soup
This chilled cucumber soup, enriched with fresh dill, is the perfect starter for a summer crayfish party. Use low-fat Greek yogurt as a substitute for skyr.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1/2 large cucumbers, divided
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Juice and zest of 1 medium lime
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups skyr
- 1 tsp. salt
- Peel, seed, and finely chop two cucumbers, add to a large bowl. Stir in dill, avocado, vegetable stock, lime juice and zest, garlic, and skyr (or Greek yogurt). Use an immersion blender to purée the mixture (or purée in batches in a blender or food processor).
- Season with salt and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with thin slices of cucumber.