Scandinavian Rhubarb Muffins
Packed with flavor and texture, all these rhubarb muffins need are a dusting of confectioners' sugar.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup minced candied ginger
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease or place cupcake wrappers in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, cream granulated sugar and butter, add egg and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Stir in yogurt and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the two flours, baking powder, and salt. Add to the sugar and butter mixture and stir until just incorporated. Fold in the rhubarb and candied ginger.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 20–25 minutes. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.