These Oktoberfest-inspired sliders are perfect for game day snacking.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pound chicken breasts, split in half lengthwise and pounded to 1/8”-thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups Private Selection™ Traditional Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 slider buns, toasted if desired
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice.
- Cut each pounded chicken piece in half, forming 8 pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set up a breading station by placing flour in one shallow bowl, eggs in a second shallow bowl, and breadcrumbs in a third.
- Dip chicken pieces first in flour, then in egg and finally in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess between each step.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the chicken pieces and cook 6-10 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat the previous step with remaining chicken.
- Serve chicken on slider buns with mustard sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.