Scrambled Egg and Potato Tacos
Start your day with scrambled eggs, potatoes and chorizo tucked inside a warm flour tortilla. Jazz them up with your favorite toppings like salsa, queso blanco or pumpkin seeds, and enjoy tacos for breakfast.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups small red potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Medium Salsa
- 2 cups chorizo, skin off
- 1 cup queso blanco, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook oil and chorizo 4-5 minutes, breaking the chorizo into small pieces. Transfer to medium-size bowl and reserve fat.
- In same skillet, cook potatoes, garlic salt and diced onions in fat about 18 minutes, until potatoes are crispy. Combine potatoes and chorizo mix in bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, heavy whipping cream, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Heat skillet over medium heat. Cook butter and egg mixture, stirring occasionally, until barely set, about 2 minutes.
- Return sausage and potatoes to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until reheated, about 2 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, cook tortilla 30 seconds or until it begins to puff. Flip and cook an additional 30 seconds. In each cooked tortilla, add 2 spoonfuls of egg mixture, salsa, queso blanco and/or pumpkin seeds.