Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo
There are two types of chorizo—a Spanish tapas variety, which is smoked and precooked, and the Mexican version, which is not cooked.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. Mexican chorizo sausage, sliced
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp. seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices (1 oz. each) bread, toasted
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the sausage until starting to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Break the eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add the milk and whisk until blended. Season with the salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into the skillet and cook over medium heat until scrambled and set, about 4 minutes.
- Place 1 slice of toast on each of 4 plates. Top with eggs and chorizo.