Use mild fish such as salmon, cod, or halibut for this soufflé. Cook in ramekins.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, warm
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked fish, bones and skin removed
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Butter 8 ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the warm mashed potatoes with the heavy cream so that the potatoes are fluffy. Add additional cream if they need more moisture. Flake the fish and add to the bowl. Add the salt, white pepper, eggs, and cheese and gently mix together.
- Pour into the prepared ramekins. Place baking sheet with ramekins in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Serve immediately.