Seared Ahi Salad with Wasabi Dressing
Once you realize how quick and simple it is to prepare this elegant recipe, you'll start making it all the time.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 6 oz. ahi tuna steak
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder, available on spice aisle
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning or coarse salt and pepper
- Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Olive Oil, for brushing the grill pan
- 5 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spring Mix
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 European cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coat steak with a combination of five-spice powder and grill seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or griddle over high heat. Grease grill surface with a thin layer of oil. Add tuna steak to the hot cooking surface and sear tuna 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Slice tuna on an angle.
- In a small bowl, whisk wasabi, vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk in oil to combine dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, radishes and cucumber. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly. Arrange sliced tuna on salad.