Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks
Tuna is a wonderful fish that cooks fast and makes a delicious dinner over salad or rice. The best way to eat tuna steaks is by searing them. The center is raw, but you still get a nice brown top. Cook for about 1
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tuna steaks (6 oz. each)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Season the tuna steaks evenly with the salt and pepper. In a medium pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Place the tuna steaks in the hot oil and sear for 1½ minutes on each side.
- Make sure that every corner has been seared. This will give you a rare temperature. Cook for another minute on each side for medium-rare.
- Serve immediately, and squeeze lemon juice (from wedges) on steaks.