Seared Scallops and Pork with Citrus Dill Sauce
These juicy pork chops are cooked to perfection and served with tender seared scallops, then topped with a light citrus sauce to top it off. Serve this to your Valentine for a meal to enjoy at home.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, slightly melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon + ½ tsp. pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 6 large sea scallops, patted dry
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; set aside
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper.
- In an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, sear pork chops until golden, about 4 minutes on each side. Generously brush with garlic butter mixture, reserving about 1 tablespoon butter for scallops. Bake 8-10 minutes, until an internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- In a food processor, add dill, fennel bulb, orange zest/juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Process until chopped and combined. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add remaining butter mixture. Season scallops with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Sauté scallops until golden on both sides.
- Serve pork chops and scallops with citrus dill sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.