Seared Tilapia with Lime Butter
A homemade chili-lime butter drizzle gives this fish dish exceptionally fresh, tropical flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unsalted Butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 whole lime, zest and juice
- To make lime butter: zest lime and combine with butter, shallot, lime juice, chili pepper, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Roll fish in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, until just smoking, then sauté fish until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. (If you have to work in batches, add another tablespoon of oil before starting second batch).
- Serve fish with chili-lime butter and garnish with sliced limes.