Seasoned Bison Burgers with Sautéed Mushrooms and Swiss
These juicy, salt-free burgers will have you oohing and ahhing your way to the last mushroom-topped bite.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground bison
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. salt-free prepared mustard
- 2 tsp. low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 hamburger rolls
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat grill.
- Place the ground bison in a mixing bowl. Add the garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and black pepper and mix well using your hands. Divide mixture into 4 equal parts. Roll each portion into a round ball, then flatten and form into patties.
- Grill the burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F, roughly 5–6 minutes per side. Remove burgers from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sandwich each burger in a bun, dividing sautéed mushrooms and cheese evenly among them. Serve immediately.