Secret Ingredient Beef Chili
No one will ever guess what is in this chili, but they will love it. The mango melts into the chili and adds a fruity depth of flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. 94% lean ground beef
- 2 cans (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cubed mango
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground jalapeño
- 1 tsp. hot chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Quickly sauté the beef in a nonstick skillet until no longer pink. Drain off all fat and discard it.
- Place the beef and all the remaining ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.