Secret Mushroom Pesto Burgers
Adding chopped mushrooms to burger patties makes them moist and flavorful — plus stretches the meat further!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 8 ounces white or cremini mushrooms
- 1 pound ground beef (lean works well)
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 4 buns, toasted
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon pesto. Set aside.
- Finely chop mushrooms by hand, or pulse in food processor.
- Combine mushrooms in large bowl with beef and 1/4 cup pesto. Mix until well combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill patties until a safe internal temperature of 160°F is reached. Serve on buns smeared with pesto mayo and stacked with desired toppings. Refrigerate any leftovers.