Secretly Vegan Brownies
These brownies are so dense and fudgy, it’s hard to believe they are full of healthy ingredients like avocado, wheat flour, and coconut sugar!
Serves: 9Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar-free vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a glass 9" × 9" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the avocado and almond milk until very smooth and creamy. Add the coconut sugar and maple syrup. Add the vanilla and mix until very smooth.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and flour together and mix until just incorporated. Add the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.