Secretly Vegan Brownies
These brownies are so dense and fudgy, it’s hard to believe they are full of healthy ingredients like avocado, wheat flour, and coconut sugar!
Serves: 9Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a glass 9-by-9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the avocado and almond milk until very smooth and creamy. Add the coconut sugar and maple syrup. Add the vanilla and mix until very smooth.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and flour together and mix until just incorporated. Add the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.