Secretly Vegan Brownies
Save to My Recipes
These brownies are so dense and fudgy, it’s hard to believe they are full of healthy ingredients like avocado, wheat flour, and coconut sugar!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar-free vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a glass 9" × 9" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the avocado and almond milk until very smooth and creamy. Add the coconut sugar and maple syrup. Add the vanilla and mix until very smooth.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and flour together and mix until just incorporated. Add the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.