Seitan Buffalo Wings
To tame these spicy wings, dip in cooling vegan ranch dressing, or serve with chilled cucumber slices.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup vegan margarine
- ⅓ cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 oz.) seitan, chopped
- Combine the margarine and hot sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat just until margarine is melted. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Place soy milk in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large skillet to 350°F.
- Dip each piece of seitan in the soy milk, then dredge in flour mixture. Carefully place in hot oil and deep-fry in oil until lightly golden browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Toss fried seitan with margarine and hot sauce mixture. Serve hot or at room temperature.