Seriously Delicious Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is so rich and decadent, you’ll wonder where it’s been all your life. Enjoy a slice with – or without – a cup of Joe.
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups ple Truth Organic™ All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 large eggs, whites only, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk
- Cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Pecan Pieces, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In small bowl, beat egg whites and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar; add flour mixture and milk alternately until combined. (Do not over mix.) Use rubber spatula to fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spread batter in 9" x 13" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- To make topping: In large bowl, combine flour, butter, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; use pastry cutter to cut mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle topping on cake batter, then drag a knife through topping to barely mix.
- Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm in center.