Sesame Ahi Tuna
Ahi should be cooked rare for the best tenderness and flavor. Try serving with wasabi and pickled ginger.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 each ahi tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, garlic, honey, sesame oil and cilantro. Add tuna and place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay sesame seeds on a flat plate. Remove tuna from marinade, shaking off excess. Roll in sesame seeds, gently pressing to fish.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add tuna and sear 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately.