Sesame-Almond Green Beans
Fresh green beans are so much tastier than the frozen or canned varieties. Try preparing them with almonds and sesame with this easy side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Boil green beans in water for just 3–4 minutes; do not overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add almonds and onion; heat 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green beans and lemon juice and heat for another 1–2 minutes. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top before serving.