Sesame-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Serve this with rice and steamed vegetables. Leftovers can be chopped, mixed with a spicy sauce, and used to fill crepes as a delicious snack.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup wheat-free soy sauce
- 1" piece gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, or to taste, minced
- 1 tsp. chili oil, or to taste
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a nonreactive bowl or glass pan large enough to hold the chicken, whisk together the juices, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili oil. Add the chicken to the sauce and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the sesame seeds with ground chia seeds. Drain the chicken. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg and then in sesame seed mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté breasts for 6 minutes per side. Serve hot.