Nutty and crunchy sesame seeds make a delicious coating on tender chicken in this simple recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In large food storage heavy-duty plastic bag, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger root, brown sugar, and sesame oil and mix well. Add chicken; seal bag, and squish to coat chicken with marinade. Place in bowl and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Dip chicken in sesame seeds to coat on all sides.
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully turn chicken and cook for 3–6 minutes on second side or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sesame seeds are toasted. Serve immediately.