Sesame Crusted Crab Cake
Serves: 5Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 small scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix together crab, egg, ginger, scallion, sherry, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and seasonings.
- Form the mixture into 10 equal cakes. Spread sesame seeds over sheet pan and dip both sides of cakes to coat them.
- Arrange cakes on baking sheet treated with nonstick cooking spray. Typical baking time is 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of cakes.