Sesame-Raisin Granola Bars
Having trouble getting the granola bars to hold their shape after baking? Let the bars cool, cut lightly with a knife while still in the pan, and freeze for about 30 minutes, until they are firm but not frozen.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt the butter with the honey and brown sugar in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring continuously.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, wheat germ, and ground cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter, honey, and brown sugar to the dry ingredients, and stir to mix. Lightly beat the eggs and add them to the mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in the raisins.
- Spread the mixture in a 9-by-9-inch pan, pressing it down with a spatula to spread it out evenly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and cut into bars.