Sesame Seed Wafers
The rectangular candies made with sesame seeds are the inspiration for these savory wafers. However, the wafers are far less fattening and much more fiber-full and healthful!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Mix flour, sesame seeds, and butter in a food processor until mixture is the texture of cornmeal.
- Add brown sugar and lemon juice and mix until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, flatten it into a disc, and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll out chilled dough into a thin disk and cut out 2-inch rounds with a cookie cutter or wineglass. Place crackers on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle them with salt. Bake 12 minutes, let cool, and serve.