Sesame Seed Wafers
The rectangular candies made with sesame seeds are the inspiration for these savory wafers. However, the wafers are far less fattening and much more fiber-full and healthful!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Mix the flour, sesame seeds, and butter in a food processor until the mixture is the texture of cornmeal.
- Add the brown sugar and lemon juice and mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, flatten it into a disc, and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Roll the chilled dough out thin and cut out 2" rounds with a cookie cutter or wineglass. Put the crackers on the prepared baking sheet pan and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Bake 12 minutes, let cool, and serve.