Sesame Soba Noodles
Nutty soba noodles are made from buckwheat. They’re a high-fiber, high-nutrient pasta that actually tastes good.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. soba noodles
- 1⁄3 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic hot pepper paste
- 2 Tbsp. sushi vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a large kettle of water to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Whisk together sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce, garlic pepper paste, and vinegar. Place in warm pasta kettle and add noodles. Toss until noodles are completely coated with sauce. Add green onion, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Serve hot or make in advance and serve chilled.