Sesame Tofu Bites
Lots of crunchy sesame seeds are the coating for these chewy, crusty marvels. You can also add a cup of cooked chopped broccoli to get your greens. Sliced raw zucchini or sugar snaps make a fine garnish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh tofu, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄8 tsp. five spice powder
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- Drain the tofu cubes well on paper towels.
- Mix the rice flour with the spice powder. Mix the sesame oil with the egg.
- Dredge the tofu in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture and toss in sesame seeds to coat. Lay the tofu in a single layer and let dry for 10 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a skillet and pan-fry the tofu until crispy. Drain the tofu on paper towels and serve.