Seven Layer Tex-Mex Dip
Let your game day guests scoop into layer after layer of spicy Tex-Mex goodness with this easy to make dip!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1.27 oz.) Kroger® Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kroger® Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup Kroger® Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Kroger® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup Kroger® Original Instant Enriched White Rice, cooked according to box directions
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted & diced
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Diced Jalapeño Peppers
- Kroger® Corn Chips Cupz (or chips)
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add in the ground beef and cook until browned, about 6-8 minutes. Mix in the fajita seasoning mix and water. Continue cooking another 5 minutes, then add in the beans. Cook an additional 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Spread the beef/bean mixture evenly into the bottom of a deep pie dish. Top with the sour cream, then the salsa, then the lettuce, then the rice, the cheese, and top with the diced avocado and jalapeño peppers.
- Serve immediately with the corn chips and/or tortilla chips. Enjoy!