Shaved Fennel Salad with Orange Sections and Toasted Hazelnuts
Tangelos, mandarin, or any easily sectioned citrus will work wonderfully with this recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 bulbs fennel
- 6 large oranges
- 1 Tbsp. chopped hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- Finely slice the fennel bulbs. Remove the peel and pith from the oranges. With a small paring knife, remove each section of the oranges and slice away membrane.
- Form a mound of shaved fennel on each serving plate and arrange the oranges on top. Sprinkle with nuts, then drizzle with the orange juice and oil. Finish with a sprinkle of zest.