Shaved Zucchini and Carrots
Serve this with your favorite chicken or fish recipe. If you desire more texture, feel free to add some shaved parsnips, beets, or any vegetable that can be eaten raw and shaved using a potato peeler.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 4 medium green zucchini
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium salad bowl, shave the carrots into long, flat strings using a potato peeler. Using the same potato peeler, shave the zucchini.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, and thyme. Toss to mix together all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve cold.