Sheet Pan Apple and Chicken Melts
With a blend of sweet and savory flavors, these open-face apple chicken melts are perfect to throw together for a weeknight dinner or quick and satisfying lunch.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 5 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- On baking sheet, arrange bread. Over each slice, spread ½ tablespoon butter. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until golden.
- Over each slice, spread ½ tablespoon mayonnaise, ¼ cup chicken, a few pieces of apple, a few slices of Brussels sprouts and 1 slice of cheese. Bake 6 to 8 minutes.