You can substitute 1
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (6½ oz.) chopped clams
- 3 oz. salt pork, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 oz. scallops
- 3½ cups whole milk
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- Drain the clams, reserving the liquid. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the salt pork in its own fat over medium heat for 7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the pork pieces to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Using this fat, sauté the onion for 3 minutes over medium heat; then allow it to cool slightly. Add the flour and stir to coat. Pour in the water and add the potatoes, dill, and bay leaf. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the clam liquid and the scallops; cook for 6 minutes. Add the clams and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and white pepper and serve.