Shells with Zucchini
Rosemary adds a rich depth of flavor to this simple summer pasta recipe, and the Parmesan cheese topping adds just the right texture and taste.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) medium pasta shells
- 3 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and add to zucchini mixture. Return to the heat and toss until the shells are coated with sauce, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the parsley and cheese and toss again. Serve immediately.