Sherried Raisin and Rice Pudding
Add whipped cream and coconut to each dish right before serving if you like.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup dry red sherry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Soak the raisins in the sherry for 15 minutes. Beat the egg and set aside.
- Put the rice, lemon peel, salt, and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, sugar, and cinnamon; cook over very low heat, stirring frequently, until all the milk has been absorbed. Stir in the soaked raisins, then the beaten egg. Continue to heat, stirring constantly, until the egg is cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pudding to a serving dish. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.