Shirred Eggs with Crumbled Cheddar Topping
These are just plain cute and so appealing. For an extra touch, you can place a thin slice of tomato in the bottom of each ramekin.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup butter
- 12 extra-large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ cups grated white Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 small 4-ounce ramekins with butter; place the ramekins on a cookie sheet.
- Break 1 egg into each of the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper and dot with butter (about ⅓ tablespoon per egg).
- Sprinkle with Cheddar and bake for 8–12 minutes. Serve immediately.