Shirred Eggs with Smoked Salmon
The eggs should fill three-quarters of the ramekin. If your ramekins are smaller than 8-ounces, use 1 egg instead of 2. You can substitute Parmesan cheese for the Swedish Våsterbotten cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. plain skyr or low-fat Greek yogurt, drained
- ½ tsp. garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Våsterbotten cheese, grated
- 8 large eggs
- 4 slices gravlax, cut into ¼" strips
- 1 tsp. chives, finely sliced
- Boiling water
- Set oven to 350°F. Butter four, 8-ounce ramekins and place in a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt and garlic. Stir in cheese.
- Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin. Spoon an equal amount of the yogurt mixture over eggs and cover with gravlax slices.
- Place casserole dish with filled ramekins into oven. Pour boiling water into casserole dish to surround the lower half of the ramekins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.