Shortcut Basil Pesto Lasagna
Ready in an hour, this simple vegetarian lasagna is loaded with layers of tender noodles, cheesy spinach and satisfying Alfredo sauce.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 container (5 oz.) Private Selection™ Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 jars (15 oz. each) Private Selection™ Basil Pesto Alfredo Cream Sauce, divided
- 1 package oven-ready lasagna noodles (approximately 15 noodles)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan. In large bowl, beat together ricotta, eggs and spinach until smooth. Add half shredded cheese mixture.
- In bottom of prepared baking dish, spread 1 cup alfredo sauce. Lay 3 noodles over top (the noodles won’t touch but expand as they cook). Layer 1 cup spinach mixture and small handful shredded cheese. Top with ½ cup Alfredo sauce, 3 more noodles, 1 cup spinach mixture and handful shredded cheese. Repeat layering 2 more times. Top with 3 noodles, remaining Alfredo and remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 25 minutes. Uncover; continue baking 15 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling at edges. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Slice into squares, garnishing with parsley, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.