Shortcut Italian Easter Bread
Using premade pizza dough keeps this colorful and sweet Italian-inspired Easter bread quick and easy.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tube (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
- 4 dyed hard-boiled eggs, shells washed
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles, in desired color
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On prepared baking sheet, unroll pizza dough; slice in half lengthwise. Roll each half into a long strand; loosely twist into double helix.
- Gently separate dough above each intersection; tuck an egg inside. Bake until bread is browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and water. Drizzle over baked bread, avoiding eggs. Immediately shake sprinkles over.