Shortcut Mexican Chocolate Cake
South of the border, people add a little spice to their cocoa. Cinnamon is the secret ingredient, but some cooks also add a quick and very scant dash of cayenne pepper for heat.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Boil a pot of water. Remove the label (but not the lid) from condensed milk and boil the can for 20 minutes, keeping the pot covered. Reduce the heat and simmer, still covered, for 90 minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, cinnamon, water, oil, and eggs. Combine with an electric mixer. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Open can of condensed milk and drizzle over warm cake.