Shortcut Pumpkin Bread
It’s important to use pumpkin pie filling, not canned pumpkin purée, in this easy recipe, because it contains spices and emulsifiers that flavor the bread and add to its texture.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 package (3 oz.) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- Spray a glass 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, pudding mix, baking soda, and baking powder and stir to blend. Add melted butter, eggs, and pumpkin pie filling and stir just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Microwave the pan on 75 percent power for 8 minutes; then rotate the pan one-half turn and continue microwaving for 8 to 10 minutes on 75 percent power, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand on a flat surface for 5 minutes; then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.