Shortcut Sweet Dinner Rolls
These are a perfect complement for a dinner—and a great start for some other exciting recipes. For an irresistible spread, mix honey with your favorite butter or margarine.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 envelope (0.25 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 package (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 10 minutes, or until a milky texture appears.
- Fold in cake mix and flour, beating until a smooth dough forms.
- Prepare another large mixing bowl with a light coating of spray oil or olive oil. Place dough in oiled bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and leave in a warm place until dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour. Punch down dough and divide into two halves.
- Roll out each half into foot-wide circles. Cut each circle into 10 pie-shaped wedges. Brush wedges with melted butter and beaten egg white. Roll each wedge into a crescent shape.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet, cover, and let rest for 25 minutes, or until doubled in size. Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden.