Shredded beef can be used in enchiladas, tacos, and many other dishes that call for either beef chunks or ground beef.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 3 small jalapeño peppers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 lbs. top sirloin
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) Italian salad dressing
- Peel and mince the garlic. Cut the tomatoes into 1" pieces, reserving the juice. Remove the stems and seeds from the jalapeños. Remove the stems from the cilantro.
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 hours.
- Remove the meat from the broth, let cool, and cut into 2" cubes. Shred with forks or in a food processor. Discard broth.