Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Due to the long cooking time, it is possible to prepare the meat late the night before serving so it will be ready to eat for lunch.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4¼ lbs. lean boneless beef roast, excess fat removed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- ½ tsp. dried mustard
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hickory liquid smoke
- ½ cup water
- 16 slices bread
- 16 dill pickle slices
- Place all ingredients into a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 10 hours. The meat should be easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker to a plate. Shred with a fork. Mash the contents of the slow cooker with a potato masher. Return the beef to the slow cooker and stir to distribute the ingredients evenly. Scoop a spoonful of meat onto a slice of bread and top with pickles and another slice of bread to serve.