Shredded Carrot Salad (Gajar Ka Salaad)
This brightly colored salad is a perfect side dish for a spicy fish dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp. roasted peanuts, roughly pounded
- 1 serrano green chili, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. black mustard seeds
- Salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, peanuts, green chili, and lemon juice; mix well. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, remove from heat and pour over the carrots.
- Add salt to taste and mix well. Serve immediately.