Shredded Pork Sandwiches
These flavorful sandwiches are served with a dressed-up juice for dipping. You can make this recipe with beef roast au jus as well.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (20 oz.) cooked pork roast au jus
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup mustard
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- Remove pork from package; drain off juice and reserve. Shred pork and set aside.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, ketchup, chili sauce, and mustard; simmer 3 minutes. Add pork; simmer 3 to 4 minutes longer until hot.
- Place the juice in a small saucepan and add beef broth and thyme; bring to a simmer. Make sandwiches with pork mixture and buns. Serve sandwiches with the juice for dipping.