Instead of slices, you could use a melon baller to cut the avocados into little balls to add a pretty touch to this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium anise bulb, shaved on a mandolin
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 medium green apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 16 jumbo shrimp
- Arrange the shaved anise, avocado, and apple on serving plates.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Drizzle half of the dressing over the salads, about a teaspoonful each. Brush the rest of the dressing on the shrimp.
- Heat a stovetop grill over medium-high heat. Grill shrimp for about 1½ minutes per side.
- Arrange shrimp on the plates and serve.